The Calumet and Arizona Mining Company developed a new town site in this area in 1905 to ensure the continued success of its mining interests. Using the "City Beautiful" model, the new town site - Warren - provided affordable housing. In 1909 this building was built by Calumet and Arizona Mining Company to house its main offices. In 1931 Phelps Dodge Corporation bought out the Calumet and Arizona Mining Company and this building was used by a variety of businesses. In 1974 the City of Bisbee relocated City Hall here from its prior location in Old Bisbee. The City of Bisbee purchased the building in 2000, making it the permanent home for City Hall.
From a sign at the site