Frary House 1897
Almon Phineas Frary, JR. and his bride Elizabeth, assembled this small house, typical of Julian, by joining Al's Miner's cabin to an abandoned one-room school house on the site of the dismantled Overland Hotel & Saloon and Julian's second town hall. Almon, born c 1855 Placer County, came here in the 1870 gold rush and, with his father, developed the rich Stonewall mine,. He worked every major Julian mine, owning the Ella and the Eagle. Childless "Frary", 86, died 1940; Al 88, 1943, lifelong promoters of the Julian Mining District.